Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Child Led Napping

This is what I've been doing for the past 13.5 months. Jeffrey's sleep has always been so all over the place that I just went with it. It made it easy to go out and do whatever I wanted because he'd sleep when/wherever. However, over the past few weeks, it's becoming obvious that he is craving more of a routine/schedule. So, I've started to work on that today. Instead of waiting for him to ask for milk (his way of initiating his nap time; he still nurses to sleep), I took him to his room after lunch, changed him into a nap diaper, and started reading to him. After two pages, he was ready to go down and did so with no issues. Day 1= success. I've been making notes in my head about when he's been getting tired, so I knew that would be a good time (1pm). Hopefully, it continues to go smoothly, and he can get back to his better nighttime sleeping again!

Did i mention that he slept 10 hours STRAIGHT a few days ago? Longest stretch ever!!!

No comments: