Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Breastfeeding

We had our class last night to learn about how we're going to feed little Jeffrey. It was mostly review for me (which never hurts), but Jony got a lot out of it. It was nice to get some information on easy-to-read paper/pamphlets, as well, since that'll be a heck of a lot easier to go through after birth than a book is. Plus, the movie we watched was great since I'm a visual learner. I feel a lot more confident in the positioning and how it's supposed to look now. We also got to touch and play with some different pumps. I'm inheriting the Pump In Style from my sister (whose sister-in-law used it after her), so we knew that we were going to have to buy a new set of the actual pump things. We learned, however, to hold off on buying that in case I need to use a pump in the hospital. The ones that they give me there will work on my pump since Medela made all of their parts interchangeable. So, that's nice of them. I'm pretty excited about breastfeeding and can't wait to see how it all pans out.

1 comment:

Celine said...

Good luck with breastfeeding and good on you for getting all prepped! I personally didnt think taht far ahead and had a struggle to bf cos my milk wouldnt come fast enough and my baby was born with a low-weight and was too weak to suck :( but I hung on determined to do it and got it right after 2 weeks :)