Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 2, 2010

I did it!

It's no marathon, but for someone who doesn't run/work out and only managed to train for one day, running the ENTIRE 5K this morning was a pretty big accomplishment for me this morning. Yup, I actually managed to do it. Now, it wasn't super fast, and I definitely didn't win any awards. But, I did it. It was a goal I set for myself to do this year, and I accomplished it. That feels really good.

What doesn't feel good, though: How sore I already am. The fact that my knees hurt because I should have bought new running shoes at least a year go. This weird pain with my right hip.

Oh well. It was worth it to get that sense of accomplishment. Give me a week, and I'll be over the hurt.

No comments: