Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Off We Go!

A year after our last vacation, we're on our way back to Florida (tomorrow)! I'm pretty excited about it; we've been talking about it since we came back last year, knowing that Jony's nephew would be graduating from high school. There's a few nervous feelings, though. Jeffrey was only 7 months old last time. He was moving a lot more than most 7 month olds, but he wasn't walking just yet. Now, he's almost 19 months old and most definitely walking, running, climbing, etc. We planned our flights for nap time, but we'll see how that goes. Otherwise, it may be a rough 2 hours trying to keep him in our laps (ha) or (most likely) walking up and down the walkway of the plane the whole time. We've got a few things to put in the carry on bag, such as snacks, so hopefully that helps. This is where I'm very glad that I've still got the boob in my back pocket of tricks!

I'm also nervous about Jeffrey interacting with the whole Florida family. Jony's aunts can be VERY overwhelming. Last year, he hated them. They thought that because he's family, he would automatically know them and realize that he should respect them. We all know that it doesn't work that way. Now, he can very much voice/display his opinion. Hope that doesn't get too interesting.

My biggest concern is the actual graduation. First off, it starts at 8am, which is 7am our time. Freaking early. Then, it's a graduation. Not exactly the ideal activity for an 18 month old. We'll see how that goes. My bets are that I'll see 10 minutes of the actual graduation, lol.

Despite a few worries, I have no doubts that it's going to be a great and fun trip. Jeffrey will have a blast at the beach, the Florida Aquarium, and seeing his cousins. At this point, I'm just ready to go (except for the aspect of packing and cleaning up the house a bit before we go...)

No comments: