Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 24, 2009

Appt. update/ultrasound!



There's my little babe, as of Monday. A whopping 25mm- almost 3x as much as it was 2 weeks earlier! That's the most insane part for me. We got to see the beating heart again, which is always a relief. Then, a complete shock for me, he found the heartbeat on the doppler! What a wonderful sound! I wasn't expecting that for a few weeks since I kept reading that you couldn't hear it until about 12 weeks. Overall, it was a great appointment. All my bloodwork came back great. The only issue that he can see is weight gain. I was prescribed a bowl of Blue Bell (ice cream, for those that aren't in the south) a night. Either that or something else of similar substance. I've been doing alright this week. We'll see if it helps! I'm supposed to gain 35lb. 

He also talked to me about the possibility of vaginal vs. cesarean and said that I'm basically at a 50/50 chance for either. It all depends on the size of the baby. If the baby is bigger than 8 lb, then I'll most likely need a c/s. We'll attempt a vaginal, but he wanted me to know the possibilities. Ideally, I'd like to have a natural delivery, but I'm flexible to whatever ends up being the best for my baby. J would like to have a vaginal, as well, since my dr. lets the husband actually "catch" the baby, so it would be like he delivered his own child! 

I'm off to a bachelorette party for the weekend and will return with an on-time (hopefully) 10 week post!

No comments: