Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 8, 2009

16 weeks- appointment update




I had my follow-up appointment this morning after the whole fainting incident that occurred last week. My blood pressure was still really low but not quite as low as it was last week. Again, that's not unexpected. I've always had low blood pressure. However, since I've been feeling better since starting the 2 hour food regiment, it's assumed that it was definitely my blood sugar bottoming out. I learned all about how HCG can affect the pancreas. I'll be tested for gestational diabetes at 28 weeks- joy. Ready for some big news? I gained 2 pounds! My doctor was so proud of me, as is J. We got to hear the precious little heartbeat again, as well. There were some wierd sounds at first when he put the doppler on my belly which freaked me out. Then- the heartbeat. My Dr. looked at me with a big smile and said that those wierd movements were the baby moving and that we have a very active little baby! I think I'll be smiling for weeks now just thinking about that, which should bring us right to our ultrasound!

With all the exciting stuff out of the way, I had the joy of getting a pap smear. Hopefully, I don't hear from them. Since it was just inflammation the last time it came back abnormal, I'm hoping that it's all clear this time. I don't want to go through all of that again (after delivery, of course). I also had a massive amount of my blood removed for the AFP and Cystic Fibrosis testing. I don't want to get any calls about those, either.

Make sure to vote what you think our little active baby is!

My Baby

Speaking of packing on the pounds, that what it's all about for baby this week. He's adding fat stores that will keep him warm and cozy after he's born. Your baby's weight will increase approximately six times over the next four weeks. Good to know you're not the only one tipping the scale. Also this week:

Your baby is hard at work honing his sucking and swallowing reflexes—all the better for eating that 2 AM (and 5 AM, and 8 AM ...) meal in a few months! The finger- and toenails are beginning to grow from their nail beds, which would explain why he'll need them trimmed almost as soon as he's born!

Your baby weighs nearly 5 ounces and is a little over 5 inches long—about the size of a baked potato (load on the butter and sour cream, please).

No comments: