Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

A New Era

I bought my first pair of maternity pants today. They're actually capris, but go ahead and look at the weather in Houston and tell me that I need pants... They're still a bit big on me, but they're pretty comfy, and I'm excited that I can wear denim bottoms again. J was getting aggravated with me wearing yoga pants everywhere (I'm fine with it, for the most part). I was hoping to buy some more cotton/stretch-type dresses, but, apparently, those are not cool right now. I was pretty upset about that. Buying pants is always a stressful situation for me, and I, for one, was trying to avoid having to search long and hard for pants that actually fit me in the waist, butt, AND length. It's basically impossible. I'll have to hit up more stores in search for these elusive dresses. I did find these capris and a stretchy skirt at Old Navy, though, so it wasn't a complete loss. I was bummed to find out that they're not going to carry Maternity at my ON starting in July. Lame. I'm thinking that online shopping may be the way to go for the rest of this pregnancy. The one thought that kept going through my head while searching through the Maternity sections of Old Navy and Target: do these designers really think that I'm going to wear that just because I'm pregnant? Just because my belly's bigger doesn't mean that I'm giving up my sense of style.

No comments: