Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

18 weeks!




How far along? 18 weeks. It's freaking insane to me.
Total weight gain/loss: I don't have an official number, but my scale at home shows me consistently gaining (slowly, but it's the right direction)
How much does Baby weigh?: 8 1/2 ounces
Maternity clothes? I have a pair of capris that I've added to my yoga pants wardrobe, along with some cute new maternity dresses (that will also work post-baby. Score!)
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: It's actually been pretty good lately. We'll see how long that lasts.
Best moment this week: Baby H moving at the wedding we went to last Saturday. Yes, again! Baby H loves weddings!
Movement: yup! It's getting to be more and more. I love it.
Food cravings: Nothing, really. I'm beginning to worry I won't have any fun pregnancy cravings to share.
Gender: Ever since we got the date for the big U/S, I've doubted myself. I'm starting to feel confident in my boy guess again, though.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Innie
What I miss: normal amounts of energy
What I am looking forward to: getting the nursery painted this weekend and our big u/s!
Milestones: starting to wear maternity clothes and cleaning out the nursery!

My Baby

This week your baby starts bulking up and packing on the grossly named "brown fat" he'll need to keep warm when he gets evicted from his comfortable uterine home. Other highlights this week:

Vernix, a milky white coating that protects your baby's skin, appears all over your baby's body to keep his skin from getting pickled in the amniotic fluid. Think of it as if your baby has been dipped in yogurt, like those delicious but fake-healthy yogurt-covered raisins and pretzels. Ooh, we feel another craving comin' on. ... Under the vernix, a fuzzy layer of hair called lanugo now covers baby's body. Don't worry, your Mini won't look like Cousin It when he's born. Most of the fuzz will fall off before baby makes his grand entrance.

Good news: Your baby's kidneys are fully functioning and producing urine this week. Bad news: That means there will be lots of diapers in your future. But so far you're safe—at the moment the pee just passes into the amniotic fluid.

He or she now weighs about 8½ ounces and measures 6 inches, as long as a turkey sub from Subway on warm, delicious Italian Herbs and Cheese bread (or Honey Oat bread, or Oregano bread or ...)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Congratulations! I always prefer to wear comfortable and flexible maternity dresses. Want to see your new maternity dresses.