Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

Choosing a Pediatrician, part 1

We decided to go ahead and start the journey towards choosing little Jeffrey's doctor while my OB appointments are still monthly to make it a little easier for Jony to attend everything. We figured it might get a bit much if he's leaving for a different thing every week. We've gotten 2 recommendations, so we figured that we'd start from there and see where that got us. I called yesterday to make pre-natal consulations. Low and behold, we actually got an appointment with one of them for today. The day after I called. I can't deny that I'm pretty dang impressed with the scheduling timing on that one. Our next one is not until Sep. 2nd. Anyways...

We REALLY liked her. She took us back to her office and asked us a few questions about our health, our parents health, and what our plans were regarding birth and such (hospital, etc). She then told us a bit about her and the practice (which has everything we want- yay). She emphasized that she is 100% supportive of breastfeeding before we even had the chance to ask her. She was thrilled that that was our plan and gave us lots of tips, advice, and even a little package! She answered all of our questions very thouroughly and with the answers that we were looking for. She's all about choosing the right vaccination schedule for each child and doesn't necessarily follow the "norm." Basically, she would be a great fit for us. We left feeling very secure that, even if we hate the other pediatrician, that we would be set on that front.

We'll see how the next one goes! He's my sister's pediatrician, so I'm intrigued. I'm also worried- we were going to the same Ob/Gyn, but you can see how that worked out. I think switching made it a little tense between us, but it's getting better. I know it's because she doesn't agree with how her birth went, and she's probably wishing that she would have done the same when she was in my position. I'm hoping that it won't cause more issues if we decide to go a different route with pediatricians, too...

No comments: