Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

Reflections of a Decade

The 2000s was a big decade for me. I'll never have another one with so many life-changing events/growth. A lot has happened since 2000- it was a great decade, and I'm looking forward to what the next 10 years will hold!!

Here are the biggest events of the decade in my life. They all made an impact on me and made me who I am today.

2000
-"graduated" middle school
-went to Australia for 3 weeks
- entered high school
-developed "the crush" (on Jony)

2001
-became really good friends with Jony
-made it to the top level of competition in an organization I'd been in (and still am) since 4th grade
:earned 12th place at World!
-went to England

2002
-started dating Jony (September)
-made it to World Finals again

2003
-got dumped by most of my good friends. This taught me a lot about being a true friend, although it took me a few years to let people really into my life again
-went to Florida for the first time to meet Jony's relatives

2004
-went to Poland for Spring Break
-turned 18
-graduated high school
-started college

2005
-joined Zeta Tau Alpha

2006
-my niece, Aly, was born (January)
-did a study abroad trip for 3 weeks to Ireland
-started working as an AARC Writing Tutor
-a big year for my relationship with Jony: worked through some issues and came out stronger

2007
-got engaged (July)
-went to a Leadership conference for ZTA

2008
-graduated college
-went on a 3 week Mediterranean cruise with Jony and my family
-got married! (August)

2009
-bought our house
-had our first child- Jeffrey (November)

Bring it on 2010s!

3 comments:

Lil'Misa said...

You've done a lot of cool things this decade. :) Here is to another great decade ... cheers!

Stacia said...

Wow, you just made me feel really old. :) You graduated from middle school in 2000, I was a junior in college. I'm envious of your youth! I do believe that with Jeffrey in your life, the next 10 years will be even more eventful!

annie♥ said...

Wow, what a decade! I hope 2010 and onwads is that great for me! (: