Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I Voted.

Have you?

I have a lot of opinions. I think that comes from growing up with a father heavily involved in the local political scene and always challenging me to defend what I thought. I was taken to the polls with my parents every year, and I always looked forward to it. I can remember them having a little voting booth for kids there that I would stick that little stick in to vote on hot dog vs. hamburger or something along those lines. Old school, but it was awesome. I'd take my little ballot and go put it into the kids ballot box and be SO proud of myself. I had made a difference. I still feel that pride, and I am so thankful for the ability to express my opinions and help make a difference in our country (even when it may not seem like it does).

Get out there and do your civic duty. All I need is a jury summons, and you can call me Citizen of the Year ;)

No comments: