Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 6, 2012

27 Weeks!

Third Trimester is sneaking up on me this week- yikes! I'm slowly starting to accept that it's already February and that we don't actually have the month of May to count on before he arrives, even though I'm due in May. We very well could have an April baby, although I hope not. May is so much cooler. I had an appointment with my midwife yesterday, and now we start the bimonthly appointments! Crazy stuff. All is well with baby Gavin. I obviously had a big growth spurt in the last month, though. I went from measuring 22cm (a little small) to right on track at 27cm. I also gained a whopping 5lbs in the last month, putting me 10lbs up total. I'm not gaining weight anywhere else besides my belly, so I'm wondering if this is going to be a bigger baby. I only gained 15 with Jeffrey. We shall see! He was a sneaky little baby when she was using the doppler and hid behind my placenta, but she managed to get the heart rate from the cord. Luckily, Gavin was playfully kicking the doppler around, so we know that all is well in there. He's definitely taking after his brother in that department; fool moves all the dang time. It's even more impressive with my anterior placenta. Both my midwife and the u/s technician were both surprised that I had felt movement so early, but I'm not shocked after seeing how crazy my firstborn is. Two active little boys means two tired and worn out boys at the end of the day!

Sleep is getting interesting, so that sucks. I'm trying different things to figure out what will work, but I'm thinking I"ll be sleeping upright at the end of this pregnancy as well. A big factor in all of it is that Gavin gets way too excited about me laying down. It's hard to lay on your side when the bed then becomes an awesome new trampoline. I'm trying to stay as rested as possible so that we can get a lot of work done during the day- every step towards getting Jeffrey's new room set up is a day closer to actually starting on the nursery again!

No comments: