Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 10, 2012

What is Jeffrey up to?

It's been awhile since I updated on my big kid, as he calls himself. He's ridiculously fun, amazingly hilarious and so loving. I tell him every day how lucky I am to have gotten him as my son, and he agrees. See, he also thinks quite highly of himself. Clearly, we practice positive discipline in this house- HA!


  1. majorly obsessed with cars and trains, making him that stereotypical boy. No worries, though, he still saves some time for his shopping cart and is super amazing at his vacuum cleaner. 
  2. He is constantly eating or asking for food. It's amazing how that empty leg syndrome starts so dang early. I fear being broke by food consumption with two of these boys in the house in a few years.
  3. I suppose we're in the shadows of potty training. He sometimes requests to be naked and will use the potty on his own during those times. We're taking it really slow and following his lead. He gets so proud of himself whenever he goes, and he just LOVES to flush the toilet.So far, that's the only reward he's ever needed. 
  4. He loves his new room/bed and tells everyone he sees about it
  5. He's super social. He likes to tell strangers "hello!" and will answer most questions that people throw his way. I think he just loves the attention (which he did not get from either of his parents!)
  6. His favorite book is currently "Mickey and the Beanstalk." We read it at least once a day, and he pretty much has it memorized.
  7. As far as verbal skills go, he's got them. He talks in full sentences and has full on conversations. The only issue he has now is that he sometimes tries to talk faster than he can process the words in his head, so he stumbled and stutters a bit until his mind catches up. I love talking to him, especially when we're in the car. He'll point out everything that he sees.
  8. Being the good mom that I am, I think he's a genius. He recognizes most of the letters of the alphabet, can identify most shapes (including the difference between hexagon and octagon- he's faster than I am!), and can count to ten. His logical and reasoning skills are amazing, and I love watching him work out problems and figure out solutions. 
  9. He loves talking about Baby Gavin and melts my heart with every single conversation we have about him having a baby brother. He told another baby the other day that he was going to have a baby brother, and I almost died.
  10. He's just getting so, so big. He keeps shooting up in height, and it's ridiculous how tall he is now. He's slowly looking more and more like a preschooler than a toddler :(