Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 27, 2012

30 weeks!

I'm in the big leagues now. Last pregnancy, I never made it out of the 30s (thank goodness!), so this is the last stretch. I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable and crampy lately, so that hasn't been too fun. I imagine the fact that he's so cramped up in there is a pretty big reason for that. He has a leg that is constantly pushing itself out right at the top of my uterus, which is severely uncomfortable. Plus, it freaks me out to be able to fully distinguish a body part, especially so "early" in the pregnancy! Apparently, my anterior placenta is causing him to farther inside me than would probably be normal which is accounting for why I'm not super big (although I wasn't huge with Jeffrey, either) and why I'm so uncomfortable. I also have what seems to be an internal hemorrhoid, which is great fun.

I am, however, fully enjoying his movement (except at night when he loses his head with excitement and bounds off of the bed for about 30 minutes, causing me to wait until he calms down before I can go to sleep). Much like his brother, he is super active. Constant. We had our 30 week appointment yesterday, and he was being as stubborn as he could be. She had a ton of trouble finding the heartbeat due to his ridiculous movements and my placenta. He kept kicking the doppler away! Then, when she was trying to measure me, he kept moving all about and made that about impossible. She put two check marks next to fetal movement, lol! All is well, and he's head down. So, at least there's that. As much as his arms/hands irritate my cervix, I'm so thankful that it's not his ridiculous strong legs.

We actually started the process of preparing for this little one's arrival this weekend! We got down the tubs of Jeffrey's old clothes and went through them, sorting out what we didn't like and what won't work seasonally with Gavin. All of that will be put up for consignment in a few weeks. I'm not going to wash and put anything away until we finish up his room, though. We do have plans set to paint the wall in two weekends! Finishing up the nursery should be way easier than Jeffrey's new room. I'm getting so excited about how soon this little boy will be in the outside world; I absolutely cannot wait to meet him and introduce him to his big brother (who tends to tell him to "get out" every day, which I hope Gavin's not listening to. Although, I'm sure that this little one is just as stubborn as the rest of his family and doesn't follow directions well, anyways ;))

1 comment:

Lil'Misa said...

Wow, 30 weeks already! Gavin will be here before you know it.