Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Treating Myself

I haven't really done all that much for me since Jeffrey was born, and it was starting to wear on me. I love devoting my time and energy to the little guy, but neglecting myself in the meantime wasn't going to get either of us anywhere. So, I made showers a priority. I time them right when he's falling asleep at night (Jony puts him to bed), so that I can take as long and enjoyable a shower as I want. It's awesome. Lately, though, I've been craving a little more time outside of the house. By myself. A few appointments were made- all with the cruise this weekend being used as an excuse!

  • I got my hair cut yesterday. Apparently, it was really healthy for not having been cut since October. I always get such a boost of confidence regarding my hair after haircuts. I go to the Paul Mithcell school, so it's all students that are about to graduate. It's cheap, and I get a good haircut. Plus, all of the students come to look at my hair. Now, you must understand that I hate my hair. It's ridiculously thick and ridiculously curly. It's also pretty freaking long because that's the only way it doesn't end up looking like a brown cotton ball on my head. Especially in the Houston humidity. It's a hairdresser's dream hair, though, I've found out. So, that was nice. If I could, I'd have them come wash my hair every day. That always feels SO good. 
  • Last night (I know- two outings in one day!), I went out for a Starbucks date with my good friend who is due in August. We had a good time catching up and discussing our life and babies. A real true adult conversation. Something I have lacked without having to watch a little pipsqueak to make sure he doesn't get into trouble, something he's become very good at. 
  • This afternoon, I'm heading to another type of "hair" appointment. One that is good to have done before a cruise since you're in your bathing suit a lot ;) It won't be the most relaxing of things to do, but it is something.
  • This past weekend, I also ventured out to get my eyebrows waxed and buy a few things (for myself!!) from Old Navy with a gift card I got for my birthday.
All in all, I'm feeling pretty good about my quality "me" time. Now, I can start getting my head in the game to go on our big family vacation this weekend.

No comments: