Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Heat Got Me

I used to pass out all the time. At least once a year at minimum. It's one of the joys of having low blood pressure and low blood sugar. When I crash, I typically crash hard. As I got older, though, I learned how to handle it- when to eat what and the early warning signs that a faint was coming. If you catch them early enough, you can put a stop to it. So, I haven't fainted since high school. I almost broke my streak this morning. It's been so long that I'm not as aware of those signs as I used to be, and, being in early pregnancy, I'm clearly not eating as much or what I should be. That all, combined with the direct sunlight and heat while I took Jeffrey to enjoy some fall fun at a local farm, almost ended in disaster. I got dang close. If I hadn't caught it when I did and promptly found a "cool" place to sit down and drink water, I'd have passed out clear in the middle of the play area. Jeffrey would have loved that, I'm sure.

A good friend took over Jeffrey duties while I came back to full consciousness, we ate lunch and then headed home to be in the A/C. We had to skip the pumpkin patch, which is a bummer, but Jeffrey was already pretty tired, anyways.

I suppose I'll be staying indoors for a few more weeks. You know, until it's ACTUALLY fall weather.

No comments: