Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 3, 2011

9 weeks!

Holy crap, this is going by so fast, it seems! We actually remembered to look at our pregnancy books last night for the first time in three weeks, and we were shocked at how much has changed with this little one.

I'm feeling alright (the biggest issue? I have food aversions), but I'm having some struggles emotionally. I'm sure that has more to do with Jeffrey going through a difficult stage and the fact that I'm a single parent the majority of the time now, but I know that pregnancy hormones are not on my side. I've been much quicker to react with Jeffrey, and I'm seeing major consequences from that. It makes me feel awful, and I cannot wait until Jony is working back in the same city so I can get my balance under control. I think I need more me-time now that I'm pregnant, but I'm getting way, way less.

In happier news, we had our first pre-natal appointment yesterday! Mainly, it was just filling out forms and doing my risk assessment. We also put our down payment down. It's a little strange feeling to be paying for the baby already since we didn't pay for Jeffrey until a few months after he was born, but it will be SO nice to be all finished by Christmas and not have to worry about it after the baby is born. Plus, it's cheaper. Can't beat that! My homework is a book on nutrition and to decide what routine tests I want/do not want. We go back in a month!

I'm also noticing a little belly pooch that never goes back in! I still fit into all my clothes just fine, although I do have to unbutton my jeans here and there when the bloat settles in :)

No comments: