Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 5, 2011

18 Weeks!

I've got a little belly that's slowly becoming more and more obvious to people around me, and I'm feeling quite a bit of movement. My eating is somewhat normalized, and I actually feel hunger again. I still get exhausted super easily, but it's not as bad as it was. I feel like I'm actually starting to enter that honeymoon stage of pregnancy! It's constantly shocking how different these pregnancies have been!

I had an appointment with my midwife yesterday, and all is normal. I'm measuring a bit small (as I did with Jeffrey), but I did gain a pound. They found the heartbeat immediately at 148 hanging out right in the center. She said that probably explains why I'm feeling/seeing so much movement so soon. Her prediction is that it implanted towards the front, and she said carrying higher can impact it, as well, especially because I'm so thin.

Speaking of carrying higher, this has got to be the number one difference between pregnancies. I'm still wearing regular jeans- not even a belly band or a rubber band! It's strange because I'm starting to have to wear maternity shirts since a lot of my regular shirts are already too short. Quite opposite of last time, and I'm thinking it's the more expensive route. Thank goodness there are very few things that we have to buy for this baby.

Less than two weeks until we find out what the little babe is packing! I'm thinking about it constantly- SO excited! Jeffrey will be attending the ultrasound with us, and then we'll have a wonderful family day soaking in our exciting news.

No comments: