Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

A New Adventure

Today, I became friends with my breast pump. Since I've learned that supply is the highest in the morning, I decided to designate that as my pumping time. So, after Jeffrey had some breakfast, I waited about an hour and then sat and did my thing. Time goes by MUCH quicker when you're actually breastfeeding. I pumped for a long 15 minutes (although it is fascinating to watch it all go down, but I'm sure I'll get over that real quick) and got about 2.5oz! Not too bad, I think. But, how much does he eat in a feeding?!? I have no clue! This is one of the reasons I fear introducing the bottle. That, and the irrational thought that he'll no longer what to breastfeed anymore. I know it must be done, though. Both for emergency sake and for when I return to my part-time job in January. The plan is for me to pump every morning this week, and we're going to introduce the bottle next week- probably at the pre-bedtime feeding (at which I'll pump then, as well). We'll see how it goes! We have a ton of bottles to go through since my niece was formula fed. Gotta make sure we have a slow releasing nipple!

Oh, and he slept well again last night. YAY!

2 comments:

Lil'Misa said...

I introduced a bottle at the end of 2 weeks. It took him awhile to get used to it but eventually got the hang of it. We give him a bottle about once a week and no nipple confusion here. He like the breast over the bottle. GL!

Rachel H. said...

Can't wait to hear how introducing the bottle goes for you guys...I'm nervous about pumping, but I've got my breast pump ready to go for when it's time! :)