Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 5, 2009

This is rough

First off, some good news: his eye infection is healed! It's so nice to see those beautiful blue-gray eyes again (that are just like his daddy's, so I'm hoping they don't change). He's much happier about it, too.

However, my little sleeper doesn't so much like to sleep anymore. I'm exhausted. We knew we were too lucky when he was sleeping in 4-6 hour stretches at night. I'm pretty sure we're amidst a growth spurt. He's been waking up about every 1.5-2.5 hours for some hardcore munching. THEN, he stays awake for about 45 minutes. Oh, the tiredness. I just ate my oatmeal breakfast, and I'm hoping that my milk supply catches up quickly to his needs so we can get some rest again.

Exclusive breastfeeding is hard work. I'm living my life in 2 hour increments, approximately. Since it's slightly varied when he actually wants to eat, when it gets close to that- I can't do anything but wait for the call. I haven't showered in like 4 days- yuck. Don't get me wrong- I love our special time, but it is very hard. Especially at night when I'm extremely exhausted. I know it will get easier, and I'm ready for it.

I do love this little man, though. I knew I would, but I never knew it would be this much. Seeing Jony with him does things to my heart that I cannot explain, also. As tough as it all is, there's never a moment that I don't want to do it.

Here's some pictures, as requested. We've been using our nice camera, so it's not as convenient for me to upload. Sorry!

4 comments:

Stacia said...

I don't know how rough it is yet, but I just wanted to tell you you're doing a great job!! I'll be in your shoes soon!

Kristin said...

Oh my goodness!!! Jeffery is so handsome! Hope your little stinker starts sleeping longer at a time.

Kristin said...

Oops, I just realized I mispelled his name!

Kismet21 said...

Hang in there. Thinking about you all the time!