Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Banana!!

We have begun the adventure of solid foods. First up: the banana. For the most part, we're going to be taking a Baby Led Weaning (BLW) approach to solid foods. Mostly, it's all for fun and play. He did ingest a little bit, though! We heard some swallowing! He did so well- just one itty bitty gag. He was definitely ready for solids. The banana proved a bit slippery even with the peel attached to one piece, but he managed to do alright. He definitely made a mess and earned himself an extra bath time! I can't wait to introduce more foods. It was so much fun watching him play and learn!

2 comments:

Witni said...

I'm starting my daughter next week. I'm so excited. She will be 6 months on the 20th. What other foods are you going to try at first?

imavera said...

We haven't made it that far yet :) I think broccoli will be next, though.