Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Exhaustion

We were finally getting back to a sleep routine that I could handle- going to sleep about 9pm, waking up at 1am, 3am, and then up for the day around 7am. There's no question that I would have loved to get rid of those two wakings, but, after the previous weeks of about six, I was feeling pretty dang rested.

Then, last night happened. Another night of six wakings. We've got a mixture of teething and new development going on now. I thought we'd be good for a bit when he got sitting down, but I was wrong. The little toot is now rockin' the rock and trying to crawl. He's lucky that his tiny tushie is adorable while it's going back and forth because otherwise I would not have been happy to see it so much last night.

I'll be honest. I am not a good mother when I'm so tired. I have little patience and am just not all there. I try, but I know that my son deserves better on days like today. It's not his fault; he's only 5 months old. I am incredibly lucky that Jony helps out so much at night, but I know that he does it because he knows how I am with too little sleep. I'm just no fun to be around. I have just FINALLY got the little guy to take a nap in his swing at 1:40pm. He's been up since 6:45am...

On a similar note, what the heck am I going to do when I have to pack up this swing?!?! I know it's getting close. I just don't even want to think about it.

1 comment:

Kismet21 said...

I have MAJOR fear of loosing the swing. Have you tried putting him to bed earlier? For the past few nights we have put Sophia to bed somewhere between 6-7. Now she does not stay down all night, but at least we can just go in and feed her and then get her back to bed instead of starting the routine again. AND I get a few hours of alone time.

I could be full of crap though. She has been getting up a ton at night this week due to teething and being a real pain in the ass. Ah motherhood.