Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm a Momma!

It was so weird to think that I was a part of this holiday that we call "Mother's Day" and not just from the perspective of a daughter anymore. I had a great day and am so grateful to have such a great husband and adorable baby.

After the wee tot woke up this morning and was fed, I passed him off to daddy and managed to get an extra 3.5 hours of sleep. Awesome. I was woken up a little earlier than needed, however, so that the husband could remind me just how I became a mother in the first place. Then, a pancake breakfast was prepared and served to me. When Jeffrey woke up, he gave me his card (and the card from his daddy) and present- a new digital camera! My old one was biting the dust, so I'm pretty excited. Maybe that will mean more pictures for the blog! It seems fitting that I would get a gift from him that will circle back to being all about him :) He's just like his daddy, lol.

We spent the afternoon at my parent's house just hanging out and even had a little dip in the pool while the little guy napped (it was too cold for him to go in the water just yet). I made sure to let my mom know how much I appreciate her. Her gift from us? A poop picker-upper for her to use in the backyard, LOL! She loved it and her back is grateful.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: