Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Clean House

Apparently, I've been sitting around just waiting to hear that I was chosen for some cleaning show on TLC. No such luck (I think you have to apply anyways...). Meanwhile, my house is a disaster. I've mentioned before that I'm a pretty crappy homemaker, and there would be no denying it if you walked in my front door right now (after you managed to get past the stroller and suitcase that's been there since we got back from the cruise in June). We're not super clean freak kind of people, though, so it's not that bad. It's not disgusting or anything- just cluttered and messy. There is a slight bit of an issue, though. First, Jony has been working non-stop for the past few weeks, and I know that the clutter is a source of stress for him. Second, we're having some of his closest friends over Saturday afternoon to celebrate his 25th birthday. In light of these two circumstances, I have decided that I need to clean the house as a birthday gift for him. Even though he's not having to work as much anymore, I know that he would really appreciate a good-looking home. Plus, I don't want to be embarrassed when people come over. My kid is almost ten months old; that excuse doesn't really fly anymore (although it should!) I'm doing it in spurts- a little bit each day and trying to keep it a bit of a secret so that when he gets home on Friday (his actual birthday), it's super spotless. My mom is going to even come over Friday to play with the little man while I do the last bit of thorough cleaning.

Today, I vacuumed. Normal vacuuming (not abnormal), but I also got the edges and under the cabinets and in all of those hard to reach spots. Just one of those chores that you keep pushing back because you don't want to do it. Jeffrey was fascinated watching me, haha! Tomorrow, I plan on dusting. Wednesday will be the bathrooms. Thursday will be windows and furniture. Friday, I'll be doing the last minute touches along with de-clutterfying and cleaning the kitchen counters and appliances. None are things that are likely to really get noticed until the Friday activities. I'm pretty sure he'll be thrilled. This, along with the new TV and surround system he's getting for his birthday (and the price reduction on his car insurance!) should make this a pretty great 25th birthday for him. And he deserves it.


Photobucket

No comments: