Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Transitions

They really are the worst part about parenting. I swear, you get comfortable and adjusted to a routine and then- BAM- they change things all up again. That's currently what we're going through. I'm not sure if it's a wakeful period, teething, he hates me or if he's just having a hard time transitioning to a later nap time, but it has been a rough week. He's been taking super late naps (although they've gotten an hour earlier each day, so he finally went down at 2pm today: success!) and having a lot of nighttime issues. That one night of sttn made it worse, I think, because it gave us false security.

Last night was particularly rough after only about 5 hours of sleep the night before, staying at home and inside all day and then refusal to go to sleep again. He finally passed out about midnight, and I got a good 8 hours since Jony got up with him. I'm hoping that by napping at a decent time today, it should be all worked out. Cross your fingers!

In a way, it's a good thing. I was feeling a mad case of baby fever and now that's been put on the back-burner again, at least for a few days!

No comments: