Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Carnival of Nursing in Public

Art by Erika Hastings at http://mudspice.wordpress.com/


All this week,  nursingfreedom.org has been posting articles about supporting breastfeeding mothers- specifically, supporting breastfeeding mothers NIP. It's a great thing, and I support anything that exposes people to the idea and encourages it to be a normal thing. Nobody should ever be chastised for feeding their baby, no matter where they are. I have been incredibly lucky to not have any comments or negativity put towards me while I nursed Jeffrey out of the house. I'm not naive enough to think that people have thought stuff, and I've definitely been given the side eye a few times. I don't let it bother me, though, because, in my mind, I'm just helping out the next nursing mom. The more people are exposed to it, the more normal it will become. I would say that 90% of the time people don't even realize what I'm doing. I've gotten numerous comments about him being asleep!

I love being able to nurse Jeffrey whenever and wherever I am- it is, after all, supposed to be one of the perks of breastfeeding!

1 comment:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

I nurse Trevor everywhere..Disneyworld, at malls, parks, I dont bother finding a private place. Like you said, its natural and shouldnt be hidden.

I, too, have never gotten negative comments. Although it is funny to see grown mens faces when they realize what youre doing. :)