Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I read a book

It feels great. It has been SO long since I actually read a real book (as opposed to ones about pregnancy, birth, or babies). It took me a few months, but I did it. I definitely used "going to the bathroom" as an excuse to get away and get through a chapter or two. Whatever works, right? It's worth noting that I have a degree in English- literature being my main focus. So, it's safe to say that reading and books are (used to be?) a big part of my life. I love everything about them, and I used to read non-stop. I felt like a little of my old self came back to me when I closed that book and took in the satisfaction that only comes with completing a great novel. I read "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. A great book that I highly recommend. Being a mom, it gave me a whole new perspective than it would have before Jeffrey was in the picture. It made me constantly question what I would do, given the situation that the mother is placed in. It's a horrible thing to think about, but some people have to. The tag line is "Can a parent love too much? Or is too much never enough?" Makes you think, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say I am totally jealous of you!!!

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

I just picked up my first non-baby book, a Nicholas Sparks book. I used to love reading, and now I need to re-fit it back in :) Good for you to do that!

Kismet21 said...

Yay! I read a True Blood Sookie book, but those only take a few days. I am starting to read The Help. We will see how I do.

Glad you read, but man I hated My Sister's Keeper. Then end? Ugh. Made me sad for weeks and I was not even a mommy then!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

I LOVE reading and recently put a bunch of my list at the library! Jodi Picoult is my fave author! My Sisters Keeper was great, but she has even better books. Try The Pact or Mercy.