Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

H: Happiness

This is a part of my ABCs of (my) Parenting series.

Honestly, what else could the "H" stand for? Through all of the hard times, the exhausting nights, and the lack of me time, there is the fact that I have never been happier in my entire life. The struggles we have are minuscule and will only exist for a short time in the grand scheme of things- he won't be waking up 2-3x a night when he's 16. And even if he is, he won't need me to help get back to sleep. The happiness, though? That's forever. Nobody else can make me smile like the little guy can. Or have me look like a fool just to see that cheesy grin.

No matter what kind of a day we've had or what struggles we've been going through, I can look in those big, beautiful blue (yup, still blue!) eyes and see all the happiness that I could ever want.

No comments: