Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 2, 2010

Cabin Fever

This week, I have been home alone with the little guy ALL week. Except for a few hours on Thursday to go the monthly LLL meeting. The only day that I've thoroughly enjoyed? Thursday. Otherwise, we've both been suffering from a severe case of cabin fever.

I've said this so many times, but I have to get out of the house. Both Jeffrey and I have much better days for it. He's become a pretty good napper, but it's always easier if he's had an adventure beforehand. He's in a much better mood after he's had some opportunities to play with friends/see something new and exciting. He gets ridiculously bored with what we have going on at home. I do rotate his toys so that he has new stuff every week, but that typically will only get me through the end of the day on Monday. Once he's checked them all out again, he's ready to move on. This is definitely a trait that he has inherited from his dear old mother. I thrive on being busy- getting out and doing stuff. I'm not a homebody at all.

I had all these big plans of going to our neighborhood park, going on long walks, and even playing out in the baby pool in the backyard since we had no other activities planned (note: I'm horrible at just going somewhere just for the sake of going. I need to get better at that, I think). What happens? The first dang hurricane of the season. It's been raining all freaking week, and I'm over it. Darn you, Alex.

I've got an action packed Fourth of July weekend (side note: I CANNOT wait to take our family picture on Sunday. It should be adorable), so I'll be feeling a lot better after that. Plus, it's a 3 day for Jony! Yay! Now, I just need to work on building up the calendar for the next few weeks...

2 comments:

Lil'Misa said...

I notice Carter has a much better day when he gets out of the house. Sometimes I just take a short 15 minute walk around the block with him and it makes a huge difference in his attitude.

I like the idea of rotating toys. Why didn't I think of that? I should do this so he doesn't get so bored with what he has.

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Hi, Vera! I have been reading your blog for a bit now and finally decided to say Hello! My son, Trevor, is just a bit older than Jeffrey. I love reading about his milestones and comparing the two cuties.

You recently vacationed in Chicago. We live about 30 minutes outside of the city. :)

Enjoy the holiday weekend with your family!