Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 19, 2011

2 Years Old.

2 years ago, I was given the most amazing gift a person can receive. In that time, I have learned so much more about myself, life and love then I could have ever done without him. I have never had a better teacher. As easy as it is to get caught up in the sadness that two years have already gone by, it is hard to not be completely overwhelmed with the massive amounts of joy that he has brought to me in his short life. No doubt, they have been the most amazing years of my life, and I am so glad to have all of these amazing years to look forward to. I know that I am going to love having a little two year old, and I cannot wait for all of the fun, experiences and life we'll experience together in the next year. He is so perfect, and I am so thankful to have such a wonderful, loving, energetic and happy little boy. I am constantly in awe of all that he can do, and I cannot help but be such a proud mother.

At this exact moment two years ago, I was finally eating the lunch that I had begged so hard for in the hospital (chick fil A nuggets, just as we had today for your party) and anticipating what was to come. Little did I understand in that eight hours, my world would be forever changed in the most spectacular way.

2 Year Stats:

  • he'll be weighed and measured next Tuesday at his 2 year appointment!
  • wearing 2T clothes, primarily
  • only nursing at night, and I can feel it slipping away
  • sleeping amazingly (after overcoming the obstacle of the time change, of course)
  • 15 teeth! The canines are finally coming through; #16 will be here any day
  • starting to talk in full sentences and use possessive (specifically 'my' and 'mine')
  • knows all the colors
  • starting to do a beginner "stride" on his strider bicycle
  • is starting to show a big interest in letters and can correctly identify at least 10 of them
  • good at listening and following directions (most of the time)
  • can balance on one foot
  • Favorite food: cupcakes/cookies
  • Favorite book: Truckery Rhymes (also known as "big trucks book")
  • Favorite activity: cars, trains and airplanes!

No comments: