Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I cannot believe that this is my baby's 3rd Thanksgiving. Every year, I'm swarmed over with how much I have to be thankful for. It's so easy to get down on the little things, like wanting a new dining table or still feeling pretty gross, but I love that there is a holiday just for the reasoning of spending quality time with family and being thankful for all that you do have. When I truly think about it, I have so much more than I need.


  1. an amazing and supportive family, including a patient and 100% giving husband and the most amazing son I could have ever dreamed possible
  2.  this wonderful new child growing inside of me that will further enrich our lives
  3. a wonderful, family friendly job for Jony that provides more than enough to support our family on it's own, allowing me to be able to stay home and give our children the foundation we always dreamed we could
  4. the financial means to be able to place Jeffrey in MDO next year and sign him up for classes like The Little Gym and swim lessons
  5. Similarly, the financial means to be able to pay out of pocket for the pregnancy and birth experience we crave, as well as having the choice and opportunity to utilize it
  6. a house that provides warmth, security and a place to grow our memories- as well as providing the location for our new little one's arrival into the world
  7. reliable cars (2 of them, at least, lol) that take us to get necessities, for fun adventures and even on vacation
  8. the ability to travel and see the world/country and expose our children to other cultures
  9. our health and the fact that choosing our new health insurance plan (another thing to be thankful for) is such an easy decision due to the minimal risks our family faces
  10. friends, both near and far, that we know are here to stay
Finally, to go back to some of the thanksgivings of the very first Thanksgiving, I'm so proud to live in a time that so accepting of different ideas, cultures and opinions. Sure, we still have a ways to go, but we get closer every day. That's the kind of world I'm thankful to raise my children in.

I hope all of you are enjoying your blessings today, along with some good food, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: