Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 12, 2012

32 Weeks!

This week brings me into the 8th month and has me realizing that I could have a baby next month. So, needless to say, we're feeling the crunch to get the house in order. It's pretty sad that it's taking us so long since it's literally the only thing we had to do to prepare for this child. We were so much more on top of it when there wasn't a toddler running around the house! We got a ton done in Gavin's room this weekend, so I'm feeling pretty good. The wall is painted, curtains are hung (although we do need to raise the bar a few inches), carpets are cleaned and the crib has been raised back to the highest level. We didn't put the front back on yet since it's easier to get the bed skirt and such on without it. Word from my mom is that it's almost ready. She hasn't started the quilt yet, though, so that stinks. I'm hoping to have it before his newborn photos, but I doubt it's going to happen. It's truly amazing how much of an impact the stripes on the one wall has made in the room, and it's clearly gearing up for a different child. I love it! Jeffrey thinks it's pretty cool, too, but he still clearly prefers his room.

I had my 32 week appointment this past weekend, and all is looking fantastic! I'm about as low risk/key as you can get, so it's always pretty boring. I didn't gain any weight in the last two weeks, which she wasn't shocked about since I'd gained so much the previous two weeks. I'm measuring right on track, and the little guy actually let them find his heartbeat super easy! Of course, lack of room to really move out of the way may be a reason in that. He was super active during it all, per usual. He's definitely head down based on feeling around and the fact that I feel his hiccups down low, so things are moving right on track. It's actually time to start loading up the house with some of the birth supplies! I'm unnaturally excited about giving birth to this child. I'm starting to feel some major pelvic pressure, and I can't move very quickly because of it. Luckily, I still don't have too many complaints, and I'm hoping that the chiropractor today will take care of most of them!

No comments: