Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 26, 2012

34 Weeks!

Time is really closing in, which is a good thing since I'm starting to feel Braxton Hicks and getting a little more uncomfortable as the days go on. I feel like I did in the final weeks leading up to Jeffrey, which kind of freaks me out a bit. I'm still only 34 weeks. I'll feel much better once I get to 36, as that's when my home birth plans go live. I'm sure I'll be fine, but we pregnant women have to worry! I had an appointment with my midwife this weekend, and we discussed a bit of the birth plans. I found out that I have a gold star on my folder, meaning that they need to keep their supplies in the car and be ready to drop everything when they get the call from me. I get this special treatment for having a quick first labor. Jony was also given some homework- reading a little book pamphlet called "Emergency Childbirth." Just in case, lol! That's nothing we're too concerned about since we'll know that our midwife is on her way, if it happens. There's also the craziness that she has two more March babies (or at least due in March) and then I'm next! She has two conferences in mid April, so there are no April dates. Those conferences, along with Easter, made scheduling another appointment a bit tricky! So, I won't be seeing her again for a month, and that will be for our home visit!

We managed to get quite a lot more done this weekend than I expected, so I'm feeling much better about our house situation. There's still a bit to do, but our complete pre-Gavin to-do list is not too much longer! Our hope is to have it all finished by Easter, and I think it's absolutely probable. The only thing I'm not sure of is if I'll get all the baby clothes washed by then! I started sorting it all out yesterday, and we have a LOT more than I thought. Granted, I'm washing all the clothes that Jeffrey had grown out of, since I want to get the attic funk off of them and we have an extra closet in the nursery for it all. I'll be doing laundry every afternoon, that's for sure! At least it's fun to see the tiny little onesies again!

Can you believe that next Monday will be my 35/35 AND the month before I'm due (or could very possibly deliver in)?!?

No comments: