Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My New Normal

Jony went back to work yesterday. All the nerves that I didn't experience about having two children all came to a head about Sunday afternoon, and I got terrified. We'd been tag-teaming the whole time he was home, save for two trips out with both kids. It has gone really well so far, though. A few shaky moments here and there, but, overall, pretty successful. I even managed to get all the laundry done yesterday. Today was a playgroup day, and we had a good time and even made it there on time! To make things even more interesting, we're also potty training Jeffrey right now. He sets a timer on my phone and has potty time every twenty minutes. More if he says he needs to go inbetween, obviously. We sit on his little potty, and he gets a book read to him. If he pees, he gets one sticker on his potty chart. Poops get two. His chart has 25 boxes, and he'll get to choose a prize from our closet of random stuff that we've been keeping in there (cars, play-doh, puzzles, coloring books, etc). He's been doing REALLY well. He had an accident yesterday morning about 9am, but then he stayed dry the ENTIRE rest of the day (he naps in a diaper still). I'm so proud of how well he is doing. So, doing that along with semi-constant nursing has me pretty worn out. This taking care of two stuff is pretty awesome, but it's a heck of a lot of work!

1 comment:

Lil'Misa said...

Wow potty training with a newborn = super mom! You rock. I could not do it. We are waiting for the summer to tackle that one.

I am glad things are going well with the two boys.