Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Maybe?!?

It's May! Hooray! And it seems like the little guy just may be trying to escape. By the end of the day yesterday (and at my appointment), my contractions were about 8 minutes apart. Every so often, one would take my breath away. So, on the way home, we stopped and got the last thing we need for the birth (an iron supplement for after delivery, since I have such low blood pressure) and even put a little water in the birth tub. Jony wanted to see how long it would take to potentially fill it, and it doesn't seem like it'll take too long. It's so surreal to walk into our bedroom and see it completely set up for birth. Everything started slowing down again last night, so I got pretty discouraged. I decided to take it as a sign to get some sleep, though, and I actually slept pretty well. I woke up quite a few times to contractions (and some pretty painful ones!), but I'd do go back to sleep. Now that I'm up, they seem to be resuming back to where they were last night. I was told to stop timing them since that can make you somewhat obsessed and instead to just keep a tally. Once I get 12 an hour, I am to call the birth team over! Eek! Right now I'm at 4 in 30 minutes. I may just have my May 1st baby, after all. Or Jeffrey will win the bet with his May 2nd guess!

No comments: