Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 10, 2012

One Week!

It's hard to believe that a week has already gone by! I'm still struggling (not quite the right word, but I can't think of a better one) with accepting that the events of last Thursday actually happened! I mean, Jeffrey and I went to MOPS as normal, came home, he ate lunch and went down for a nap, Jony went to get me a Subway sandwich, I ate the sandwich and then BOOM! Less than 2 hours later, I have another son. It's pretty remarkable, and I've become a "friend of a friend" story- ha! Jony's been getting a ton of praise, especially from older men who weren't even around when their wives were in labor. They all think he's amazing, but he's smart and lets them know that I did all the work ;)

Gavin may have been in a rush to get out, but he is so calm and relaxed as a newborn. He is SUCH an easy baby, which is pretty wild since we thought Jeffrey was so easy. He took to nursing immediately- no latching or nipple pain issues in the slightest. Our only issue we have with BFing now is that the kid poops so much! On that note, he's fully in cloth diapers. I'm so happy; I hate using disposables. I just can't figure them out, lol! He looks so adorable with his fluffy little but, and Jeffrey loves that he gets to match his brother (although he's usually naked or in briefs now). His umbilical cord fell off ridiculously early yesterday morning, so our little nugget has a tiny little belly button! So adorable. He is actually a pretty good sleeper and has been giving us two long (3-4 hours) stretches the past few nights. There's really nothing I can complain about with the little guy.

The transition to having a brother has been seamless for Jeffrey. I'm not sure if it's because he's always loved babies or that he feels super involved with him since he saw him being born, but I'll take it! He's super concerned about him and is always loving on him and making sure that his blankets are covering him. Whenever Gavin makes a noise, Jeffrey will say "It's okay, Baby Gavin. I know." It's really too sweet. I'm pretty sure that he kisses his brother more than me or Jony! I can already tell that Gavin is infatuated by him since he always looks towards him when Jeffrey is making noises/singing.

As for me, recovery has been so non-eventful. It's been so much easier that it's ridiculous. I never had any pain/swelling in the nether regions and was only sore in my legs from squatting during labor. The after birth contractions sucked, but those are mostly gone now. My temperament is so much better, as well. I had some pretty good baby blues with Jeffrey, but I'm so happy this time. It's probably a combination of a calm birth and my placenta pills (I had it encapsulated; it's amazing to feel the energy surge after I take one!).

This past week has been just perfect. I am so in love with my little family.

No comments: