Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

24 Weeks!

Although I obviously do not want this little man making his exit anytime soon, it's so comforting to know that he has a fighting chance at viability now. With each passing day, he just gets bigger and stronger and ready to take on the world. There's just something about that that helps me breathe a little easier. It definitely doesn't hurt that he's really picking up his movement. I know that, if I have a moment where I'm freaking myself out on when I last felt him, it won't be long until I get a little nudge from within. Especially if I can get Jeffrey around. It's amazing how I can already tell how much Gavin loves his big brother. There's no shortage on the other end, either. Jeffrey has fully accepted that he's having a little brother and loves to come and talk and poke to "Baby Gavin." If someone asks him where his little brother/Gavin is, he'll point proudly. He's intrigued by the concept of being kicked, although it weirds him out a bit, I think. My niece (almost 5) also felt a kick this weekend and was equally weirded out, ha!

We had a good discussion with my mom about the actual birth day. She had a few questions, and we wanted to make sure she understood what's taking place. She is pretty excited to be there for it all, and it's so nice to feel so supported by your mom. Plus, I know that Jeffrey will be super stoked with her. We just need to really start talking about the birthing process and how I may not be super happy so that he understands (as much as possible) what's going on. I figure the more we talk about it upfront, the less likely that he'll be upset/scared when the time comes. I found a book on this topic at one time; I need to seek that out again and get that.

This week, we can be happy for viability, brotherly love and the happiness that being pregnant brings!

1 comment:

Lil'Misa said...

Holy smokes 24 weeks!

Jeffrey is one awesome big brother :)