Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Stepford Wife

Ok, so I'm not remotely close to this, but I AM getting closer. Even though it's only the 10th, I'm pretty proud of myself for how well I've been doing on my New Year's resolution (to be a better housewife). I actually think it's improving other aspects of my life, as well. Jeffrey is in the "my help?" stage, so he's loving tagging along with me to do all the chores around the house. My MIL got him his own little vacuum, and he is obsessed with it, especially if I'm doing it. I'm seriously considering getting the little baby Dyson since it's supposed to actually work. Jony has been really impressed with what I've done so far; mainly, that would be because I never did ANY of it beforehand. Ha! There wasn't much to improve upon. I'm loving checking off the little boxes from my Motivated Moms chore list, and I always feel good when I complete the activity from the De-Clutter Calendar. I've noticed an improvement in our house cleanliness/clutter, and it's making it a lot easier to keep it that way.

I'm really hoping that this slow and steady approach is going to be successful for me and that I'll keep at it. I usually get all gung-ho about something, really go for it and then burn myself out. So, I'm refraining from doing above and beyond what my daily list says to do. It's hard on some days, but I know it will be worth it. I'm actually converting to all-natural cleaning methods and getting little things here and there to re-organize the house slowly. I've been amazed at how much cleaning you can actually get accomplished with just vinegar, baking soda, peroxide and water! I know that by using those ingredients in my cleaning that I'll be more likely to continue after Gavin is born. I'm getting pretty used to the smell of vinegar :)

If anyone has any green cleaning tips, I'm all for it! I'm off to clean the bathroom mirrors...

No comments: