Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 9, 2012

36 weeks!

All systems are a go! This week brings about a lot of milestones. I'm officially entering the 9th month of this pregnancy (yikes!) and our plans for a home birth are now in action! Now that I've reached this point, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable about all the contractions that I'm having. I still don't think I'm going to be delivering in the next week or two, but I'm glad to know that I can still have the birth I've been envisioning if I do! Now, I need to get off my butt and start getting the house ready! There is lots of cleaning/organizing to do in the next few weeks. Our table is filled with all the birth supplies that we needed to order, so I've got to figure out how to organize that stuff so that it's easy to access when we need it.We'll be getting the rest of the stuff during our home visit in two weeks.

I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable, unfortunately. Sleep is pretty tough to find a position that doesn't hurt; I've been attempting to sleep on an incline the last few nights, which has helped a little bit, so that's good. I'm not a fan of having trouble breathing, though- didn't ever experience that with Jeffrey. I'm also getting those lovely rib kicks. Now that we're in the home stretch, though, it's a lot easier to handle. I did get my first charlie horse on Saturday morning, and my calf is still ridiculously sore from that. I hate those. I also got to experience my first hemmorrhroid- yay. 

We had a great Easter weekend at my parents' farm, but I would not recommend driving at almost 36 weeks! It was a rough time, even though it was only two hours. Having the seat warmer helped tremendously. It was nice to be able to just relax and enjoy the nice weather; I basically just sat on the swing on the porch the whole time! The next time we make that drive, I'll be more comfortable, but our Coco dog will have much less room :)

We have a pretty low key week ahead of us. We're taking it super easy today, and then Jeffrey and I will start really prepping the house for the arrival of Baby Gavin! Full term in ONE week.

No comments: