Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2012

38 Weeks!

Woo-hoo! We are closing in on the final weeks, and I'm pretty thrilled about it. I'm not anxious to get him out (way different than with Jeffrey) since we still have so much to do and plans this week (lol), but I'm really looking forward to meeting and loving on my newest little man. It makes me smile to think that it'll probably be next week! I'm predicting a May Day baby (aka- May 1st). Only he knows, though! We had our home visit yesterday, and it went amazingly. She had no issues finding our house, of course, since it's pretty easy to get to. We're now loaded up with the birth pool and all the rest of the birth kit/supplies. I also had to restock on some of my supplements that I take. We talked about Friday morning and how strange it all was, and she said that she wanted to do a vaginal exam since she has a midwifery conference this coming weekend. She was going to cancel her attendance if I was showing a ridiculous amount of progress. I was bummed since I didn't want to have any this time, but the knowledge isn't affecting me the same way. So, that's good. Turns out that I'm 2cm, 25% and at 0 station. He's super duper low, which is not surprising to me in the slightest. She felt confident that I'll still be pregnant past the weekend due to my history of being dilated early, but she is leaving me the information for a midwife who is not attending the conference. Just in case. I have to say that it's pretty strange to be getting an internal in your own house. I don't view the actual birth as a medical event, but I do think of internals that way. So, it was odd. It was also a bummer that the group B strep test that she had turned out to be expired, so I'm getting a visit by her apprentice tomorrow for that. Yay. She was going to just wait until next week's appointment, but I guess she changed her mind. I got a call from the apprentice just a little bit after my midwife left setting up a time. We have a busy week ahead of us, and I intend to make the best use out of potentially my last full week of a mother of one! That means lots of naps :)

No comments: