Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 16, 2012

37 Weeks!

Ah, full term. It's lovely to be here, albeit super uncomfortable. I'm still not ready for him to arrive and still secretly hoping he'll hold out until May. It's a much different circumstance with Jeffrey since I wanted him out asap to avoid a December baby! I have a feeling it will mean a much calmer demeanor instead of walking around thinking "I hope it's today; it's going to be any time now!" Obviously, it still could be, but I'm thinking that wanting to be 39+ weeks and not knowing the state of my cervix should make it easier to handle.

I'm actually not feeling too bad. I have moments when I can't breathe or find a position that is comfortable at all, but it's not terrible. Sleep is not too great, but it's better than it was a few weeks ago now that I've just accepted the fact that I need to sleep on the couch. I went to the chiropractor today and was informed that my pelvis is super wide, so I know that things are moving in the right direction. He's not engaged yet, which is super strange to me since I dropped at 36 weeks last time, so he still moves around quite a bit. I don't like when he goes transverse, since I'm nervous he'll get stuck. He usually only does it for a few minutes, though. I'm getting BH contractions all the time, especially at night. Every so often, I'll feel one on it's own instead of just realizing that my stomach is super tight.

Our goal is to get the bedroom (finally) completely cleaned out this week. Our home visit is on Sunday, so we want the house looking presentable for that! I'm really hoping that Gavin waits until after that so that I can have my birth tub! No matter what, though, the good news is that my baby is full term and healthy AND my midwife is back in town from a conference, so we'll be ready for him whenever he chooses to make his appearance. He knows when his birth day should be, even if his mom and dad are pushing hard for a Cinco De Mayo evacuation :)

No comments: